Ensuring the quality and safety of medical care in perinatal centers as a basis for reducing infant mortality in the Russian Federation
Infant mortality is traditionally one of the key indicators characterizing the state of health and standard of living of the population. Despite the steady downward trend in infant mortality, its level in the perinatal period of life remains quite high. The article discusses the main causes of deaths of children of this age group in the perinatal Center (PC) for the period 2016-2020, analyzes possible ways to solve the problem.
Material and methods. A cohort study was conducted in the State Medical Institution of the Nizhny Novgorod Region "Dzerzhinsky Perinatal Center" for the period 2016-2020. The analysis included an assessment of the level and structure of causes of mortality of children in the perinatal period of life, compliance of the documents used with the regulatory framework, as well as data from official statistical reporting of work (information about the medical organization (form N 30 (annual), form code for OKUD 0609362)
Results. In accordance with Federal Law No. 323-FZ of 21.11.2011 "On the Protection of the health of citizens in the Russian Federation" (No. 323-FZ), which defines "the quality of medical care as a set of characteristics reflecting the timeliness of medical care, the correctness of the choice of methods of prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation in the provision of medical care, the degree of achievement of the planned result", the results of medical activities were evaluated and the documents implementing each of the listed components in the level 3 perinatal center were reviewed. An assessment of the impact of the execution of these documents on infant mortality rates was carried out.
Keywords:national project, infant mortality, quality control and safety of medical activities, perinatal center
Funding. The study had no sponsor support.
Conflict of interest. The authors declare no conflict of interest.
Contribution. Formulation of key goals and objectives, preparation and editing of the text, approval of the final version of the article - Pereslegina I.A.; formation of an idea, ensuring translation of a manuscript, participation in scientific design, the use of statistical methods for analysis - Karpova S.S.; participation in the formation of an idea, the formulation of key goals, data collection - Ryzhova N.K.
For citation: Pereslegina I.A., Karpova S.S., Ryzhova N.K. Ensuring the quality and safety of medical care in perinatal Centers as a basis for reducing infant mortality in the Russian Federation. ORGZDRAV: novosti, mneniya, obuchenie. Bulletin of VSHOUZ]. 2021; 7 (3): 53-61. Vestnik VSHOUZ [HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT: News, Views, Education. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33029/2411-8621-2021-7-3-53-61 (in Russian)
1. Baranov A.A., Albitsky V.Yu., Namazova-Baranova L.S., Terletskaya R.N. The state of health of children in modern Russia. Moscow: Pediatr, 2020: 116 p. (in Russian)
2. Ivanov D.O., Alexandrovich Yu.S., Orel V.I., Prometnoy D.V. Infant mortality in the Russian Federation and factors influencing its dynamics. Pediatr [Pediatrician]. 2017; 8 (3): 5–14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17816/PED83-14 (in Russian)
3. Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of May 7, 2018 No. 204 «On national goals and strategic objectives of the development of the Russian Federation for the period up to 2024» (revision of 21.07.2020). In: Legal website «Garant». URL: https://base.garant.ru/71937200/ (date of access January 21, 2021) (in Russian)
4. Bugaev D.A., Gorbunkov V.Ya. Selected issues of control and quality assurance of medical care [Electronic resource]. Meditsinskiy vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza [Medical Bulletin of North Caucasus]. 2016; (3). URL: https://cyber-leninka.ru/article/n/izbrannye-voprosy-kontrolyai (date of access February 3, 2021) (in Russian)
5. Shishov M.A. Organizational and legal aspects of internal quality control and safety of medical activities [Electronic resource]. Menedzher zdravookhraneniya [Health Care Manager]. 2014; (7): 31. (in Russian)
6. Sharapova O.V. The role of perinatal centers in the maternity protection service. Aktual'nye voprosy okhrany ma-teri i rebenka [Topical Issues of Maternal and Child Health Protection]. 2007; (2): 451-8. (in Russian)
7. Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation No. 572n dated 01.11.2012 «On Approval of the Procedure for Providing medical care in the field of obstetrics and gynecology (with the exception of the use of assisted reproductive technologies)». (in Russian)
8. Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation No. 203n of 10.05.2017 «On Approval of Criteria for Assessing the Quality of Medical care». (in Russian)
9. Order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation No. 502n dated 05.05.2012 «On Approval of the Procedure for the Establishment and Operation of the Medical Commission of a Medical Organization». (in Russian)
10. Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation No. 381n dated 07.06.2019 «On Approval of the Requirements for the Organization and Conduct of Internal Quality Control and Safety of Medical Activities». (in Russian)
11. Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation No. 785n of 31.07.2020 «On Approval of the Requirements for the Organization and Conduct of Internal Quality Control and Safety of Medical Activities». (in Russian)
12. Vishnyakov N.I., Gusev O.A., Kochorova L.V., Penyu-gina E.N., Puzin S.N. Public health and healthcare. Moscow: MEDpress-inform, 2018: 598 p. (in Russian)
13. Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation of 20.10.2020 No. 1130n «On approval of the Procedure for providing medical care in the profile „obstetrics and gynecology”». (in Russian)