Analysis of the relationship between financial and non-financial performance indicators of medical organizations
The article presents the results of the analysis of data on changes in the values of indicators for the period 2016–2019, characterizing the financial and medical and social activities of medical organizations providing primary health care to the adult population. The relationship between individual indicators, the dynamics of changes in which have an impact on the management process and decision-making on the provision of resources in the health sector, is revealed.
Keywords:financial indicators; medical organizations; provision of doctors; human resources; primary health care; morbidity, mortality
Funding. The study had no sponsor support.
Conflict of interest. The author declares no conflict of interest.
For citation: Budarin S.S. Analysis of the relationship between financial and non-financial performance indicators of medical organizations. ORGZDRAV: novosti, mneniya, obuchenie. Vestnik VSHOUZ [HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT: News, Views, Education. Bulletin of VSHOUZ]. 2022; 8 (2): 84–93. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33029/2411-8621-2022-8-2-84-93 (in Russian)
1. Ulumbekowa G.E., Ginoyan A.B., Kalashnikowa A.V., Al’vianskaya N.V. Healthcare financing in Russia (2021–2024). Facts and suggestions. ORGZDRAV: novosti, mneniya, obuchenie. Vestnik VShOUZ [ORGZDRAV: News, Opinions, Training. Bulletin of VShOUZ]. 2019; 5 [4(18)]: 4–19. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24411/2411-8621-2019-14001 URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42351147 (in Russian)
2. Banin S.A. Fair financing is the main goal of the functioning of the healthcare system. Innovatsionnoe razvitie ekonomiki [Innovative Development of the Economy]. 2017; 4 (40): 129–35. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30102826 (in Russian)
3. Gul’aliev M.G., Kuliev G.S. Financing of the healthcare system in the context of globalization: country aspect. Ekonomika i upravlenie [Economics and Management]. 2015; 10 (120): 54–9. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25448022 (in Russian)
4. Ursu E.P., Kulikov A.Yu. Financing of the healthcare system at the regional level. The relationship of qualitative and quantitative indicators with the amount of healthcare financing. Farmakoekonomika: teoria i praktika [Pharmacoeconomics: Theory and Practice]. 2014; 2 (4): 69–74. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=23220082 (in Russian)
5. Lindenbtarten A.L., Grishina N.K., Sergiukowkaya S.M., et al. The basic principles of building a system of criteria and indicators for assessing the quality and effectiveness of medical activities. Byulleten’ natsional’nogo nauchno-issledovatel’skogo instituta obshchestvennogo zdorov’ya imeni N.A. Semashko [Bulletin of the National Research Institute of Public Health named after N.A. Semashko]. 2020; (2): 30–5. DOI: https://doi.org/10.25742/NRIPH.2020.02.004 URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=42945014 (in Russian)
6. Levanov V.M., Perevezentsev E.A., Garin L.Yu. Management of a medical organization based on a system of key performance indicators (KPI) (overview). Meditsinskiy al’manakh [Medical Almanac]. 2018; 5 (56): 12–6. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21145/2499-9954-2018-5-12-16 URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=36455578 (in Russian)
7. Budarin S.S., Elbek Yu.V. Assessment of sufficiency of resources of medical organizations to achieve results. Zdravookhranenie Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Health Care of the Russian Federation]. 2019; 63 (4): 172–9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18821/0044-197X-2019-63-4-172-179 URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41041402 (in Russian)
8. Andreev D.A., Zav’yalov A.A., Kashurnikov A.Yu., Dobrodeev A.Yu. Key criteria for assessing the quality of oncological care: foreign experience. Rossiyskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Russian Medical Journal]. 2020; 26 (6): 421–30. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17816/0869-2106-2020-26-6-421-430 URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45539922 (in Russian)
9. Boychenko Yu.Ya., Budarin S.S., Nikonov E.L., Melik-Guseynov D.V. Results of the implementation of the resource management quality standard in the institutions of the state healthcare system of the city of Moscow in 2014–2016. Moskovskaya meditsyna [Moscow Medicine]. 2017; 5 (20): 60–7. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32271981 (in Russian)
10. Zuenkova Yu.A. Value-oriented approach: analysis of the leadership of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology. Meditsinskie tekhnologii. Otsenka i vybor [Medical Technologies. Assessment and Choice]. 2021; 1 (43): 28–35. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17116/medtech20214301128 URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44822143 (in Russian)
11. Musina N.Z., Omel’yanovsky V.V., Gostishchev R.V., et al. The concept of value-based healthcare Farmakoekonomika. Sovremennaya farmakoekonomika i farmakoepidemiologiya [Pharmacoeconomics. Modern Pharmacoeconomics and Pharmacoepidemiology]. 2020; 13 (4): 438–51. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17749/2070-4909/farmakoekonomika.2020.042 URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=44656178 (in Russian)
12. Budarin S.S. Sustainability of the functioning of global health systems during the COVID-19 pandemic. Ekonomika i upravlenie: problemy, resheniya [Economics and Management: Problems, Solutions]. 2020; 3 [8 (104)]: 105–14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.34684/ek.up.p.r.2020.08.03.013 URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=43857907 (in Russian)