Development of the doctor's scientific thinking in the course of professional training
The article is devoted to the study of the scientific thinking of a doctor and is due to the need to prevent mistakes made during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. It emphasizes the important social role of the doctor, and his worldview position, influencing the views, beliefs and behavior of patients in difficult conditions for making vital decisions. The level of scientific thinking of a doctor was assessed using a test developed by the All-Union Center for the Study of Public Opinion (VTsIOM). The results obtained indicate a high level of development of the doctor's scientific thinking, which is many times higher than the general indicators of the population. At the same time, the mastery of the scientific method is still at an insufficient level, which made it possible to draw conclusions and formulate some recommendations on the use of various methods in the educational process aimed at solving this problem. Given the requirements of the new Federal State Educational Standards, both in higher and additional professional education, it is advisable to introduce new disciplines, starting with the basics of studying the methodology of science, project methods, etc.
Keywords:scientific thinking; professional thinking; clinical thinking; everyday thinking; science methodology
Funding. The study had no sponsor support.
Conflict of interest. The authors declare no conflict of interest.
For citation: Starostenkova T.A., Prikhodko A.N., Sanakoeva E.G. Development of the doctor's scientific thinking in the course of professional training. ORGZDRAV: novosti, mneniya, obuchenie. Vestnik VSHOUZ [HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT: News, Views, Education. Bulletin of VSHOUZ]. 2023; 9 (1): 102-9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33029/2411-8621-2023-9-1-102-109 (in Russian)
1. Volkova P., Dubenskaya V.A., Marusina M.G., Polunin V.S., Turbina Yu.O. Refusal to vaccinate is the new plague of the 21st century. Rossiyskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal [Russian Medical Journal]. 2019; 25 (3): 138-42. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18821/0869-2106-2019-25-3-138-142 (in Russian)
2. Dmitriev A.V., Fedina N.V., Tkachenko T.G., Gudkov R.A., Petrova V.I., Zaplatnikov A.L. Commitment to vaccination of medical students and pediatricians during the COVID-19 pandemic. Meditsinskiy sovet [Medical Council]. 2021; (11): 202-9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21518/2079-701X-2021-11-202-209 (in Russian)
3. Gagneux-Brunon A., et al. Intention to get vaccinations against COVID-19 in French healthcare workers during the first pandemic wave: A cross-sectional survey. J Hosp Infect. 2021; 108: 168-73.
4. Sailer M., Stadler M., Botes E., et al. Science knowledge and trust in medicine affect individuals’ behavior in pandemic crises. Eur J Psychol Educ. 2022; 37: 279-92. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10212-021-00529-1
5. Nasr N. Overcoming the discourse of science mistrust: How science education can be used to develop competent consumers and communicators of science information. Cult Stud Sci Educ. 2021; 16: 345-56. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11422-021-10064-6
6. Cavojova V., Srol J., Ballova Mikuskova E. Scientific reasoning is associated with rejection of unfounded health beliefs and adherence to evidence-based regulations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Curr Psychol. 2023. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-023-04284-y
7. Portal national projects.rf. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://nationalprojects.rf/upload/iblock/doklad_God_Nauki_27_01_22.pdf (date of access October 27, 2022). (in Russian)
8. URL: https://medvestnik.ru/content/news/Chislennost-vra-chei-v-Rossii-snizilas-s-nachala-goda-na-2.html
9. Andronov V.P. Psychological foundations of the formation of professional thinking: Diss. Saransk, 1992: 24 p. (in Russian)
10. Kuz’minov O.M., Pshenichnykh L.A., Krupenkina L.A. Formation of clinical thinking and modern information technologies in education: Monograph. Belgorod: Federal’noe agenstvo po obrazovaniyu NIU «BelGU», 2012: 110 p. (in Russian)
11. Klepikova L.V. Critical thinking strategies as a universal tool for demarcating scientific knowledge from non-scientific. Pozitsiya. Filisofskie problemy nauki i tekhniki [Position. Philosophical Problems of Science and Technology]. 2021; (15): 14-20. (in Russian)
12. Barz D.L., Achima§-Cadariu A. The development of scientific reasoning in medical education: A psychological perspective. Clujul Med. 2016; 89 (1): 32-7. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15386/cjmed-530 Epub 2016 Jan 15. PMID: 27004023; PMCID: PMC4777466.
13. Order of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation dated February 2, 2022 No. 97 «On Approval of the Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Education -Training of Highly Qualified Personnel in Residency Programs in the Specialty 31.08.71 Health Organization and Public Health». Official Internet Portal of Legal Information. URL: http://pravo.gov.ru (published March 11, 2022). (in Russian)